Off Road Vehicle And ATV Insurance Policies Dallas Fort Worth


If you are looking to insure your ATV or other off-roading vehicle in the Dallas  Fort Worth Texas area then contact us today. We are an independent insurance agency which will help you find a great policy to meet your needs.

Helpful ATV Insurance Tips

We found a resource from the Texas Department Of Insurance on ATVs, golf carts and other off-road vehicles.

Here is the information from that page (full article here):

Many Texans use small vehicles to get around for work and play. Maybe you use an all-terrain vehicle (ATV) when you go hunting or a golf cart for short trips in your neighborhood. But will insurance cover you if you get in a wreck? Here’s what you should do:

  1. Talk to your agent about your risks.

    Make a list of what you own and what you use it for. Then call your insurance agent or company to make sure everything on your list is covered. Most homeowners policies have limited coverage for golf carts and off-road vehicles, especially if you leave your property or drive them on streets. But you might be able to add coverage to your homeowners policy or car insurance policy, or you can buy a separate policy for that vehicle.

  2. Stay on premises.

    If you rent a golf cart but drive off the course or use an ATV on a deer lease but leave the lease, the facility’s policy may not cover anything that happens to you or the vehicle. There are a lot of exceptions. Always check the policy first

The following resource from the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles had more in-depth information about all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), golf carts, and neighborhood electric vehicles (NEV’s).  Read the full information at this link:

The TxDMV is required to title off-highway vehicles (ATVs, ROVs, UTVs, and Sand Rails), but these vehicles are not eligible for registration. Off-highway vehicles are eligible to receive an Off-Highway Vehicle license plate, which may be obtained from your county tax assessor-collector’s office. For Driver License requirements to operate any of these vehicles, contact the Texas Department of Public Safety. A Texas Use Tax will apply to vehicles purchased in other states. Find details on paying use tax visit the Texas Comptroller website..

An All Terrain Vehicle (ATV) is a motor vehicle that:

  • Has a seat or seats for the rider and one passenger

  • Has three or more tires

  • Is not more than 50 inches wide

  • Is designed for off-highway use

  • Is not designed by the manufacturer for farm or lawn care.


    ATVs, ROVs, UTVs and Sand Rails with an Off-Highway Vehicle license plate may be operated on roads in the following situations:

    • In a master planned community with a uniform set of restrictive covenants and a county or municipality-approved plat
    • On a road with a posted speed limit of not more than 35 mph, during the daytime and not more than two miles from the location where it is usually parked for transportation to and from a golf course
    • To cross intersections, including a road or street that has a posted speed limit of more than 35 mph.

    Additionally, cities and certain counties may authorize operation of ATVs, ROVs, UTVs, and Sand Rails on roads within the boundaries of the city or within unincorporated areas of certain counties. The ATV, ROV, UTV and Sand Rail must display an Off-Highway Vehicle license plate when operated on roads authorized by the city or county. Operation may be authorized only on roads with a speed limit of 35 mph or less. If operated on the roads at a speed of 25 mph or less, an ATV, ROV, UTV and Sand Rail is required to display a slow-moving vehicle emblem.


When you are ready to contact us then call at the number listed at the top of the page or email us here:  Contact Us